Wednesday, September 9

Dog days, lavender haze

I worked today in a favourite moorland garden and apart from doing what was supposed to do, as well as 'entertaining' Willow, I cut back a lavender hedge.

The scent was utterly delicious and I could not bring myself to throw the clippings in to the compost.

So I brought them home!


After I had showered and eaten a late lunch, the girls and I went into the greenhouse to see what could do with the fragrant cuttings.

Then I remembered that somewhere I'd seen mini lavender head wreaths so with a bit of prepping I collected enough useable blooms to make two tiny circles. 

They are now hanging up on our bedside lamps ... Happy meπŸ’œ

So, if you have access to a bunch of lavender , this is what I did .. 

You'll need floristry wire, sharp scissors or secateurs, wire cutters, piece of pretty ribbon and lavender flowers.

Choose a good strong stemmed stalk (leave that one long) then trim the others very short.

Carefully wire around the long stemmed flower, then add a couple of short stemmed flowers, wiring around them, keep adding more flowers as you go along, 

Once it is long enough or you run out of flower heads, circle round and wire it to the other end 

Tidy up any wire or stalks showing and add your ribbon.

Step back and rightly feel pleased with yourself 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment