Friday, September 4

Trying to banish the autumnal blues

Today, in and effort to prevent my head imploding from a murky mix of autumnal blues, post holiday drearies and driech weather - I threw myself and the dog into the glasshouse to see if I could sort it out .... 

Almost a reset for both the greenhouse and for me I suppose, especially as the weather kept drizzling and that in itself is rather a downer for me, so armed with a large travel mug of tea, the radio and an easily excitable dog we trouped off to the garden much to her disappointment!

Most of the morning was wading through all the things which have been temporarily homed here from my parents move, I am hoping that this weekend we can takes lots over to their new place once Himself and I have built their shed - weather permitting of course......

By lunchtime both the dog and myself were fed up so we trudged back to the house and we had a bit of time out. In the afternoon with the shredder and the dustbin in full use, I finally discovered that I do actually have a floor in the glasshouse again.

Woo hoo I was finally able to reach my glasshouse grown vegetables and harvest what was ready - a glimmer just at the right time.


On a different note - I am launching myself into 'hand made chrimbly' I am going to attempt to make at least one gift per person. I have quite a stash of 'useful crafting stuff' and I think it is time to start using it up. I am thinking along the lines of crochet (can't knit any more as one of my thumbs just cries in pain), painting  (carefully - again hand issues), air dried clay, sewing and baking.

And talking of baking, I have just made some cracking ginger biscuits. It comes from an American site so everything is in cups. I shall do the 'Himself taste test' and if he thinks they are worth making again, I will do but I will convert the amounts into grams.


*later* 

I swapped some of those ginger biscuits for a bowlful of windfall apples - hmmm what shall I make with these? And the 'Himself verdict?' They are definitely have again.

I spent most of last Tuesday painting my folks shed which had the bad grace to fall on both the dog and myself courtesy of a huge gust of wind. Willow decided she'd rather sit inside the van for safety and I had to wash paint off my arm, out of my hair and chuck my shirt into the washing machine!

Any hoo - end of grumble, tomorrow is another day (shed building) and to round up Friday - Himself has lit the fire - autumnal vibes anyone? 



No comments:

Post a Comment