I know my reach has dropped tremendously since blogger has been playing silly bloggers but I'll keep typing away like I know all of you are too. Keep in touch - don't disappear!
Having had a glorious walk earlier in the afternoon, we set off back towards Lancaster. There are so few places where you can park wild in the lakes, understandably, as it would be soon over run by all sorts (I am including us too) so we use a tried and tested and accepted park up with one of the best views ever looking over Sunderland Point.
The reflections on the inky black waters of the canal were sublime and due to the time, there were so few other walkers about - again we felt to have the place to ourselves. We stopped at the marina to take a few photos as the sun slid behind the horizon. It was rather magical watching lights flicker on in the canal boats or yachts as their occupants prepared for the evening.
The reflections on the water turned to beaten copper and bronze while black silhouetted ducks paddled past searching for last minute morsels before heading to roost.
Back at the van we too set up for our evening, cooking and then eating whilst watching the sky soften into pinks and greys followed by the richest of blue black filled with stars.
The sounds of the day - cheerful bird trilling and chirps, the occasional farm vehicle or car heading down to the marina changed to wistful whistles of evening song and the distant cronk of a skein of geese heading to their evening rest.We knew that Saturday would be wet so we made the most of every moment of Friday, sitting up late, listening to the gentle sighs of a retreating tide and snores of a tired dog.And yes Saturday was very wet - however there is something quite lovely about being tucked up in a very cosy nest, cuddling a mug of tea as you peer through a rain misted window..... time to go home.
I am now going to physically tap on everyone's blog I follow and see what you are up to! Sod blogger!
edited to add: I have managed to find a contact/forum page on the blogger site and left a query as to why and what can be done - see what happens ....
The blog reading list update thing has been going on Far Too Long.
ReplyDeleteYou have some lovely evening photos, the ducks on the sunset water is my favourite.
I am just about to go out to work, when I am back I am going to go back onto the blogger website, see if there is an up date or comment or something and see if I can message them and question the problem
DeleteHope you keep on blogging because as long as I can find your blog, I'll be happy to read it!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
I'm having the same problem and am missing lots of new posts. I am visiting blogs I follow but I am sure I'll forget people! There are some gorgeous photos there - especially of Willow - what a lovely dog she is!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Ellie