Monday, April 1

The signs of a holiday romance

 

The scrunch and scrumble as the sea gently rushes over the tumble of shells and pebbles.
The forlorn cry of the lone curlew and the bubbling trill of the oystercatchers.
Plovers, dunlins, red and green shanks, lapwing running along the foreshore as the tide recedes.
Wistful heart breaking wild and desolate views that pull.
Reflections of clouds and the forever deep sky
Fiery sunsets which paint the view with an incredible display
Sipping tea, listening to the gulls plaintiff yeowls, 
watching lambs, observing the tide and ignoring time
Drifting curtains of rain, far out to sea, silently flitting along the horizon.
Twisting images of the canal lock gates reminding me lava lamps and contours on maps
The clank and whip sounds of the boats rigging and ropes
Our home from home
our buddy in adventure

Post Script: I hope your bank holiday weekend was as good as ours, we seemed to fit in a couple of wonderful days between the rain.  I suspect I have left a substantial slice of my heart there. 




22 comments:

  1. I thought that was a canal!!
    Nice wandering ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5th and 9th photo are of the Lancaster canal :) one of our favourites x

      Delete
  2. Recharging. Wonderful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it most definitely was! Would loved to have been able to stay longer, but life gets in the way! xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh my...that sunset! Hope you kept your toes dry! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the best! And yes, my toes were safe🤪

      Delete
  4. I know where you have just lost your heart {giggle}, looks like a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is our guilty pleasure nipping up here, a close escape yet miles away from normality! xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds wonderful and that sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and yes, the sunsets there are glorious regularly x

      Delete
  6. It looks so peaceful. I suspect I know where you were. Thankfully most of the Easter weekend was good weather for you. I do so enjoy your travels so please don't stop! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound so happy and content. I'm glad you had a lovely trip, your photos are fabulous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a real sucker for a lighthouse. They are always so photogenic and come in all kinds of shapes, colours and sizes. This is a real beauty 💜. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too - often wonder what was like when they were inhabited - especially when there is a huge storm and waves to match crashing against the building itself. The dwelling house for this little one is on the shore that, when the tide is out you can walk to the light house on the rocks.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful place to spend some restorative time away. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always lovely to be by the sea. Beautiful words and photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure the break did you both good. Love the pictures, especially the sunset and mug of tea. Not sure why the latter but somehow I can imagine you getting back to the van and having a welcome cup of tea.❤️ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a peaceful break away, love the Lighthouse. Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete