Tuesday, April 30

Going for world domination

Oh April - where have you gone? Admittedly you were mostly shrouded in cloud and often drenched in rain but were also bathed in sunlight and lifted by the most glorious blue skies.

Among many things keeping me occupied (work, life, gardening, living) I have been quietly painting - a tiny picture a day. I can't explain the simple joy they brought me.  A mini escape in watercolour.
Now, suddenly it is the last day of April and the last day of the challenge - #30minipaintings, so I thought I would, to commiserate/celebrate/acknowledge the last day of the month by sharing them here.
Each little picture (well - 28 of the 30) is a record of a real event on the day or the day before they were painted - 28 little stories of my life. The other two were just quickly done late on in an evening when I'd not had time earlier to paint.

Cats, plants, gardens, adventures, family, tea and life - that sums up April. And to show how small they really are .....

A small and furry for comparison.


Post Script - I am on with another painting/drawing challenge - one I kick started at work at the beginning of the year to encourage folk to get creative - it gently grows with more people joining in - we're going for world domination through the medium of art!
 

16 comments:

  1. So cute...now to make a dolls house to display them all in! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - the plan is they will stay in their tins, I have several going, so they are easy to store/transport/forget/lose! haha

      Delete
  2. Wonderful to look at now, and I am sure you will revisit them in the future. Being creative is the most cathartic and healing thing I know, so lovely to see you painting again, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely cathartic, it is also creates a time warp - you just lose hours and hours without realising it!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous paintings. I have enjoyed seeing them each day.
    Now I am curious about your other challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't spill the beans regarding the other challenge as it is a birthday present but it will take a year to complete! (I do wonder about my sanity some days haha)

      Delete
  4. These are so beautiful and so very tiny. I love them 💜 Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have to turn them into a mini book. Very sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you🌞 they're residing in their tins (there are several) as 'alternative' sketchbooks

      Delete
  6. What a clever lady you are. I sent a link to this post to a friend and she loved them, saying you were very talented. I can't believe the detail you've achieved on such a small scale. Being creative is wonderful and rewarding. I'm off to make another quilt! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely lady xx Creativity is definitely rewarding x

      Delete
  7. I am in awe of the joy you spread far and wide as you published another little gem each day ..

    ReplyDelete