Tuesday, May 14

Mirrie Dancers

 Life is rather filled up with LIFE at the moment and we seem to have so few moments to do the things we love so when we can snatch shared experiences that actually make us gasp - then they are beyond precious.

And when one of your bucket list dreams actually comes to you
rather than you having to go a long way north to hopefully find - 
it is beyond believable 
This just filled my heart with so much almost overwhelming joy!
I found I was actually holding my breath.
I hope you managed to see this most magical
shimmering and uplifting spectacle
I will be keeping a bit of this light within me forever

 

Post Script : I still can't believe we spent nearly four hours beneath a sky of dancing colours. We stood in awe as we clutched mugs of tea while they swirled and flickered around with the stars.

All the photos were taken with my mobile so are a little fuzzy in places.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    I missed them here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were beautiful - sorry you missed them, but I am sure there will be more :) x

      Delete
  2. It must have been a fabulous sight. I’m gutted to have missed it as it’s definitely on my bucket list too … I even have an app on my phone let me know when it’s likely to be visible. Hopefully we will get another opportunity as seeing everyone’s fabulous photos has made me want to see it even more 😀. Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have those apps too however I follow a couple of weather blogs/pages (being an outdoor person - I can be a little obsessed with the weather!) and they were really pushing the details of days/times etc (both of them have access to military level weather details) so I knew we just had to get out and witness the spectacle

      Delete
  3. You've managed to capture them beautifully. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I must admit to how well a mobile captured the aurora borealis over my camera which was returned to it's case in shame!

      Delete
  4. Fab capture! I'm glad you achieved your ambition to see them. xxx

    ReplyDelete