Tuesday, February 27

Murky waters

 A fair bit has happened since my last post - life does that. It happens and then suddenly you realise you've not actually written any of those amazing stories, sad things, wonderful walks, funny moments and silly snapshots and when you look back - are they really worth re-hashing in a witty or waffly post?

Nope.

So, instead I thought I'd share a photo or two of some recent arty stuff, not brilliant, but for me an achievement. Getting back into art has been a bit of a slog and now I am regularly sketching and painting I can see I am out of practise. 

It is however bringing me a lot of pleasure - which is far more important to me now than the need to perform or provide work for a paid commission  - and a relief. I am painting for me.

An odd post, I agree but, isn't that what life is? 


Post Script : and if you are wondering what on earth the cat is resting her head on in the first photo - she has a fabric toy fish stuffed with catnip which she uses as her pillow - we call it her 'cuddlefish' 


19 comments:

  1. A little time to just do as you please is always worth a million dollars...enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying 😊 - still have the lingering guilt factor but learning to ignore that whiny little voice that tells me that I 'ought to be doing this or ought to be doing that!'

      Delete
  2. Yay, you are being creative again ! 🥰. Relieved to read about cuddlefish in the present tense, not past, because you writing about sad things and then showing (beautiful) drawings of Her Feline Ladyship leads some of us to worry about completely erroneous conclusions.

    Many years ago I had some very lucrative commissions to make quilts. Which I did.
    And the client was very happy. I was not.
    Absolutely hated having to do something creative to someone else’s brief. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to give you a start! There is a lot of sadness at work - so many people with personal issues that they are bravely working through, I count my blessings.
      I remember you mentioning the quilting for commissions lark you undertook and we agreed that the pressure is not worth the ££, it certainly took the pleasure out of the creative process and I know you felt that too xx as you say - never again xx

      Delete
  3. Any opportunity for creativity is so important and one not to be missed! Especially to do it just for you. It's my mindfulness time as I can lose hours in my creative activities.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ellie - even more so these days - creativity for the enjoyment of creativity itself!

      Delete
  4. You are getting interesting results with the painting...very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your watercolour. It’s such a mindful activity. We had a bit of a group watercolour session at our last group and I really enjoyed it. The lady who took the session was fab … every time I messed up she miraculously made it look ok … with a drop of water or a bit of dabbing 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s Carol from Life of Pottering by the way 😀

      Delete
    2. I knew it was you 😁! and thank you Carol xx

      Delete
  6. I think your 'arty stuff' is brilliant :)
    It's lovely to see you being creative again, especially as you are so talented. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your cat and cuddlefish sketches! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't faint but I've been 'drawing' too! Just very basic Christmas tree shapes which I am sewing. They are 100% not correct but I'm trying. Love your blue drawing, waves? I find crafting keeps me sane! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waves - yes!
      And yes crafting keeps my head 'above water' too! 😁💦

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures. So glad you are doing your art again, I know what pleasure it gives you. Love the cats. xxx 🐾❤️

    ReplyDelete