Thursday, February 8

Random Notes on a Thursday

The promised snow has arrived, swirling small pellets of white covering the garden and dusting the trees. Despite this, the blackbirds are cheerfully kicking around in the flowerbeds unearthing morsels and the robin in fiercely guarding the bird feeder. I am so glad I am not at work today!

Definitely knitting weather (and red petticoat weather too!) I have the warmest red flannel 'underskirt' I wear with my tartan pinafore - that with thick leggings - I find cozier than wearing jeans, tights and boots. 
At work we keep finding conkers the local park squirrels have buried in the kitchen garden. Some have started to germinate. So seeing the same squirrels keep digging up our snowdrop and bluebell bulbs we see this as payment and have gently planted up the Horse Chestnut seeds and hope they all grow.
It is so dark inside today - I have switched on our fairy lights and moved the glitter ball to bring a little 'light' relief into the lounge. I also lit a candle for the wax burner and now the room smells gently of amber and warm spices, perfect for today's weather outside.

Yes I am waffling - sort of procrastinating too - I am part of a weekly art challenge to get us all back into 'arting' and once I have started - I am fine, it is the STARTING I am dancing around. That and the theme this week - PIRATES. Hmmm. I don't want to draw something gimmicky or box office inspired (think Pirates of the Caribbean) so this needs a bit of thinking. Last week's was BIRDS and I was in my element!


 
Still snowing..... Oo arrr me hearties - I better get swashbuckling!


Post Script: Blogger is still playing up - I am unable to comment on several blogs - so excuse me if I seen to be silent, I am not. I have, however, found a couple of ways to get around signing on and not be anonymous hopefully things will get back to normal soon - here is to spring xx






17 comments:

  1. A little snow would be a welcome change from all the rain we are having...loving the birdies...and a no work day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am at a cross roads with rain vs snow. I can drive in the rain, I don't like driving in snow, we are lucky where we are we (unless the floods are biblical) unlikely to be flooded, but we will get stuck by snow.... I hope it is all gone by tomorrow though, because the nature of my job - I need a bit of sunshine and a lot of dry to get my work done!

      Delete
  2. The dentist for me today and just rain for us here … and for good measure our back roof has decided to spring a leak. Another job to add to the ever increasing list. You look like you’re saving a lovely warm and cosy day. 🙈 Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely being more 'cat' than anything else today - keeping warm, curling up and ignoring everything except the occasional hopeful visit to the kitchen ! (Well that is what our cat does!)

      Delete
  3. design a treasure chest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleety snow here and more to come they say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had enough snow in the afternoon/evening to make it a bit of a concern for work the next day - but fortunately overnight it was washed away by rain leaving a really damp and chilly day. Enough now!

      Delete
  5. Despite all the doom-laden weather warnings we've thankfully escaped the snow. Mind you, it's rained incessantly for 48 hours and the roof's sprung a leak..ah well, these things are sent to try us!
    Love that racy glimpse of red petticoat. Your bird paintings are absolutely gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my petticoats (aka magpie skirts) and wear them layered for warmth. I have longer than my pinafores so they show off their glorious 'warmthness' is that is word?
      Hope leaking roof not too big an issue x

      Delete
  6. You paint a picture of idyllic cosiness. I'm ready for the warmth of spring. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ready for that warmth - this winter has been really damp and driech - enough now!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful paintings. Your day sounds cosy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe I missed this post even though I too was hunkered down at home last Thursday; we were lucky not to get loads of snow; what we had was enough! I envy your painting skills. TMML here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so lovely to see you return to your art Kate. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bird pictures, your so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete