Thursday, January 11

Magic

 Having not sketched, painted or even doodled for some time, I felt it was time to tentatively dip my toe into the arty world again. However, I kept putting it off. So, when one of the volunteers at work mentioned she was also suffering from a need to draw but did not have the inspiration, I suggested that we started after the festive break and challenge each other to a subject each week. She jumped at the chance.

So, our first week back - the subject was 'Tree'. After the initial hesitation on my part, once I put pen to paper it was like the drought had been broken and I scribbled away happily.


The second challenge subject came from my friend and she suggested 'Gnome'. After scratching my head a little - I did not fancy cutesy so I decided on a slightly cranky gardening hedgerow Gnome - happy? Yup.
The sketch book goes into work tomorrow, so we can share and show each other and the next challenge will be issued!!


Post Script : we are hoping others will see what we are doing and join in. I think we all need a little magic in our lives and for me (and my volunteering friend - art is that magic). What is magic for you?

9 comments:

  1. Well done for starting. I just feel drained of inspiration..there is too much else going on which is blocking out my headspace....but I will get back to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - if you have space in your life - would you like to join in? Am thinking of doing a FB page so we can share our work with each other

      Delete
  2. You are so talented! I'd love to be able to draw but I'm useless, I have to settle for being an artist's model for my painter friend instead! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 I'm a bit rusty so was glad to get to sketching again

      Delete
  3. Oh these are wonderful Kate!! I'm trying to start a weekly sketch club (just with my girls - as Sunday is the only chance I get to sit down). Last week we sat and sketched in a local allotment. Looking forward to your next one :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me likes your work...they have both put a much needed smile on my face. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to see you making art again; Slate Daisy is still such a valued part of our home (although she has moved rooms in the last few months 😘)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is magic for me is seeing you find joy in sketching again. That tree is special! I tried to comment some days ago, and wasn't allowed in, and now I see you have gone all Anonnie Mouse. Ours not to reason why ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drawing - oh no, not for me! Give me a spreadsheet and I can rough out a quilt design but draw..... I am so envious of people who can draw, sketch, make a cartoon etc. x

    ReplyDelete