Pages

Sunday, July 26

'och aye the noo'

 A Scottish mini holiday - yes please!

What a lovely few days we have just had. We went up in our van, staying with my brother and SiL, where we parked up on their drive and used the van as our accommodation. They have a traditional one bedroomed Scottish farm cottage so being able to use our van makes so much sense.


It was also the first time Willow met her 'cousins'. Two boisterous Labradors, one yellow and the other fox red. There was definitely one or two argy-bargy-snarly moments as they sorted out the pecking order and our nearly 2 year old little shy rescue dog firmly put her self second with the 5 year old Lexi at the top and 2 1/2 year old Freya (the biggest) at the bottom. Who would have though it!

Once the pack formalities were sorted, the rest of the holiday was a mad dog filled few days as they ran wild in the fields, hurtled around the woodlands and swam in the lochs. Well, the Labradors certainly swam at every opportunity, Willow decided paddling was the way to go😄


We talked into the wee hours, ate far too well and celebrated a birthday with so much cake!



It was really good to go up and I was a little sad to leave but we are returning sometime soon which I am really looking forward to.

These little micro-adventures are definitely good for the soul (may be not the waist line though😄)


PS Willow definitely suffered a little PHD (Post Holiday Depression) and I have been told that the Labradors seemed to be looking for their little pesky Welsh cousin. 

14 comments:

  1. We enjoy our mini breaks, we no longer have our van, so much of the UK to discover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think that mini breaks are under-rated, we love them.

      Delete
  2. The ideal combination! A campervan plus a wee Butt'n'Ben.! We used to live in one and it can be a challenge to accommodate visitors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you know exactly how it is :) we used the house for everything else and our van was just a bedroom - the dogs were fascinated and kept visiting us - which was fun.

      Delete
    2. Maybe I could meet you on one of your forays north?!

      Delete
    3. We are back up soon ish for a couple of days but have got ourselves so over booked that I am going have to cancel something! However, yes - I'd love that, will get in contact xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like Willow enjoyed some extra company. And it looks like you all enjoyed your time in Scotland. My own micro-adventures have been few and far between this year. The spirit is willing, but lately my confidence has taken a huge dip.
    I hope Willow wiped her feet before getting back in the van. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jules - sending hugs - how about trying a just a day jolly somewhere you know and feel comfortable. Head home when you have had enough. When I went through a really bad head space, I told my boys that I needed 'help' and they could not have been more caring and kind. Ask Lily to plan a gentle adventure with you, girls together, somewhere locally and dip that toe of yours xx
      And no - Willow does not understand or see the need to wipe those mucky paws of hers!!

      Delete
  4. Those doggy adventurers look adorable. Hopefully Willow will get to see her lab cousins again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are up again at the end of August but only for a couple of days and we have to try and squeeze in walking with the cousins for certain!

      Delete
  5. That looks like such a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely getting together with family and labrador cousins :)

      Delete
  6. It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves - Willow especially!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did so well, another new experience and she definitely enjoyed it x

      Delete